Is a total market cap for cryptocurrencies of $5 trillion possible?

Does anyone think we will eventually reach a total market cap for cryptocurrencies of $5 trillion? If so, then when do you think this will realistically happen?

1 Like

The total value of gold is over 7.5 Trillion. If you think now, AMZN +AAPL +GOOG + MSFT + FB > 5Trillion Dollars.

In 5 years, I believe just MSFT + AMZN > 5 Trillion Dollars or maybe AMZN will be alone 5 trillion-dollar company.

In 2010 --> Crypto market cap is just under a few million dollars
In 2020 --> Crypto market cap is 200 Billion Dollars (As of today)

Bitcoin is the best performing asset of the last decade.
By looking at history, It is very much possible that the crypto market cap will be more than 5 trillion dollars, but it takes time maybe 5 years or 10 years, but one thing I can speculate is either Bitcoin is going to “ZERO” or 100 Thousand Dollars.

People think I’m crazy with my numbers but actually I’m not because history speaks. For whatever the reason if cryptocurrency space needs more adoption to be valued over 5 trillion dollars.

Assume you have a lot of 100 acres in Los Angeles, California. Compare the value it appreciated from 1980 to 2020. Does it sounds crazy ?

People might laugh at my comment here. I always remember this quote
First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win

4 Likes

It is definitely possible. I agree with @Sharal about the time frame. Five to Ten years and we’ll easily be at that level. Especially with the inevitable hyperinflation of the US dollar. And Derivatives will probably be in the Quadrillions by then, lol.

Hodl on!

3 Likes

i agree also. the market is going to explode it’s just a matter of time. As we can research so many institutions around the world are slowly leaning towards stable coins and building infrastructure. The technology is here to stay.

1 Like