Deflation or (Hyper)Inflation?

We all know the money printing thats happening right now is going to have a massive effect on the economy but I hear differing views as to whether it will cause inflation (hyperinflation) or deflation. Does anyone have a strong opinion on the matter with tangible reasons as to why?

Hi. I believe deflation first, then hyper inflation, and then a Depression, unfortunately. Too many people out of work now and too many businesses closed, so I don’t think this stimulus package is going to have the effect that the US gov’t thinks it will. Hopefully we’ll get an influx into Crypto soon. In the following post we’ve started talking about a great series explaining the truths behind money:

1 Like

I think ‘Deflation’ or ‘Hyper-inflation’ will depend on factors like the distribution of goods/services, consumer behaviour, political situations etc.

My favorite books are

“Think and Grow Rich” (1937) by Napoleon Hill"
“The Intelligent Investor” (1949) by Benjamin Graham
“Beating the Street” (1993) by Peter Lynch
“Rich Dad Poor Dad” (1997) by Robert Kiyosaki
“Rule #1 by Phil Town”
“Poor Charlie’s Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger by Peter D. Kaufman”
“Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits by Philip Fisher”
“The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America” (1997) by Warren Buffett
" The Richest Man in Babylon"

Guys, please add your favorite invest books

I have been asking myself this question a lot which pushed me to do an extensive research throughout history to try understand what’s probably going to happen, I believe that initially we will see a deflation where everything will get cheaper (also gold) but then will be followed by a stagflation ! Stagflation happened in US 1970s, it means that we will have inflation on the necessities while the economy will remain stagnant, the inflation will be driven by excess money in the system which will be spent only on necessities as people will be fighting for survival and not looking for comfort. I recommend you watching the dollar milkshake theory and George gammon on YouTube who explains economics very well. All the best