100k BTC by end of 2021?

I recently watched the live stream with Ian and Tommy Lee and Tommy predicted that BTC could reach 100k by the end of 2021. Personally, I think this forecast is far too optimistic but would be interested to get Bill, Ian’s or anyone else’s views on this.

2 Likes

What are his indicators and parameters for his prediction or is it mere speculation?

Can we see this from the data? I m not so bullish about such rise in price but anything can happen.

Cheers

1 Like

Yes it was mere speculation to be honest based on what has happened in previous cycles.

I lean more towards your point of view to be honest. Don’t think it is probable or likely but as you said, ‘anything can happen’ I guess…

I think he was very optimistic as well. It’s hard to predict a price for end of 2021. However if BTC increases post halving like with future halvings, there is a case to be made for $50k BTC by 2022 before experiencing a pull back. Still only speculation however.

1 Like

I think 100k can be reached if upper bull case.
More median target is 40-60k indeed. You should look for a minimum of 2x from ath.

In all honesty, you better off invested in $eth - where I see a 7x from ath.

Plan B predicts BTC price (given 19M BTC in 2020–2024) of $288K.